Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy St Paddys Day!

Okay, this is a bit late, but happy green day.

Actually, I wouldn't have even remember that is was St Paddys day if Loren hadn't reminded me to put the boys in green. Luckily, they have a few green articles of clothing that are Jack approved (truck or race car shirt).

I, on the other hand, discovered that all I have are a pair of bright, Kermit green socks. I wore them most of the day, but they are woollen and very warm for a 75 degree day out. I traded them in for flip flops.

I did make corn beef and cabbage. I had never made it before and was surprised how easy it was.

I just put it in the crock pot, dumped the seasoning pack it over it and added potatoes, carrots, some celery and poured water over the whole thing to just cover the potatoes. Then I set it on low for 8 hours. I cut up a cabbage and added it when there was 1.5 hours left to cook.

It was delicious!

No comments: