Monday, August 9, 2010

Garden update


I have zucchini coming out of my ears...seriously, I am giving zucchini to everyone
and I only planted one plant.
Last week we ate zucchini fries, zucchini soup, grilled zucchini, zucchini bread and zucchini hamburger pie.
(Luke ate up all the zucchini hamburger pie because I called it pie!)
Today Luke and I made PW recommended zucchini pineapple cake.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/pineapple-zucchini-sheet-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/
We did it with less sugar, no coconut, half the pineapple and no frosting...it is yummy!!


Anyone have any more zucchini recipes?
Or maybe tomatoes?


We are going to have a ton of tomatoes if the sun will ever stay out long enough to turn them red!


Alas, the jalapenos and other peppers are not doing so well.
I blame it on the lack of summer weather!
We are ready to light the pilot light for the heater and I am wearing my UGG's it is so cold!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Glor said...

What a thrill to see your garden doing so well. I too have lots of toms but not anywhere near ripe. I just hope they turn before frost comes in mid sept.