Wednesday, January 28, 2009

bye, bye plastic

Well, for one of my new years hopes, I had wanted to use less plastic bags... so a few weeks ago I took the plunge and bought reuseable shopping bags from safeway. They are great! I do wish that they were a bit taller to hold more stuff. I think that Trader Joes may have better bags so I will look into getting a few more there. It is so much easier to unpack the car just having to lift the bags over my shoulder. They hold more groceries more safely then plastic bags. I hated it when the plastic bags would rip and out would crash the jam all over the floor.

On a side note, Jack had a little too much birthday fun and now seems to have a cold...

4 comments:

Gramma Glor said...

I too have several bags from a couple of different stores. However, I always forget I have them in the car until i am at the ceckout. My goal is to try to remember to take them with me into the store. They are even handy when i go to Costco. By the way they also sell reusable bags that are larger an pretty sturdy.

On a different note, how did Luke take to Jack having a party and getting gifts.

stacief said...

So far I havent forgotten them...but I have a feeling I will sometimes too! I will have to look for the costco ones.

Luke did really good! With so many people here he didnt even care that Jack was opening presents.

Grandma Trish said...

Hey Stacie, I will try to bring you a couple of Marshall's reusable bags, they are kind of tall and hold a lot. Unfortuanately I only remember them about 1/2 of the time. And yes I keep them in the car. Your Dad tries to use them as well, I think he is only at 1/3 of the time. But I think we are getting better. Hope all are feeling better.

stacief said...

That is certainly better then nothing! And I would love to try the Marshall bags. I did end up buying more Safeway ones... but we use tons....and they are hard to remember!