Friday, December 5, 2008

Job security at least for a little while longer

I just found out that I will get to stay in my job part time thru May, least I think it is May. I was supposed to start back full time in January. There is no way that I could do that at this point in my life and I was planning on resigning. It is really scary to think about leaving a good job during a resession. I am sure that the UC will not be hiring anyone else any time soon with the way the budget is going so leaving with out thinking there will be opening later on down the line was scary. I am fond of my paycheck, even if it is pretty small. It covers Jack's preschool and gives us a little more of a cushon to live on. I really do like my job and the people I work with are great! We are getting into our busy season which is a lot of work, but I really like it the best.

No comments: