Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good news and more good news

I found out today that I get to keep my 60% salary in the START program for one more year!! Hooray! It means that I dont have to go permanent part time, which we were talking about, but keep all my vacation and sick days as a normal full time employee! I am STOKED! Tho in the staff meeting today it is really all doom and gloom with the budget and all, but since I am doing START I do not think that it will affect me since im taking more time off then the furloughs require...

And, tomorrow, Loren and I are going off for a mini vacation with no kids!!! Happy Anniversary to us. I love my boys, but it is sooooo nice to get a grown up break. We found a cheap yet nice hotel in SF and are planning on painting the town red! We have found so many great places to eat on the internet...it will be a wonderful time! Thanks to Dad and Trish (and Jake) for taking the boys, we are going to have soooo much fun for our anniversary. To top the trip off we are going to go to a Giants game. I wont be blogging (gasp, no internet for 3 days), but hope to have lots of pix on Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have an awesome time, you deserve it and you know it doesn't make you any less of a great mom because you enjoy grown up, alone time. It actually makes you a better Mommy. Enjoy. Love ya, Nin