Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Apple oven cake



We have tons of apples to eat from our apple picking.
I made a yucky roasted apple fennel pork chop on Monday...
but then we had this...apple oven pancake from the October 2009 Sunset magazine.
It is good, really good.
The boys actually ate a whole quarter of it each and maybe even more.
I think my mom used to make this for me when I was a kid...
tho it might have just been the oven pancake with added apples.


Barney like it too...I really need to take pictures on better dishes...
but that would have meant doing more dishes.
Here is a link to the recipe http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=760887
Seriously, you should make this right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, your mom did make a similar pancake. But mine only takes two eggs and the whites have to be whipped separately (which might not be worth it since yours is so good as is). Nice you remembered and the tradition goes on...

mom